When your existing commercial roof is already old and failing, you should consider having it replaced with something newer and better. But how exactly do you pick the roofing system that will best fit your property and your specific needs. Genesis Roofing, the premier expert in storm damage restoration in the area, shares some pointers here.
- Take roofing material into account. Commercial roofing systems are often flat, or low-slope, so it pays to choose a material that can suit the design. There are many options available today–and each of them has its own distinct advantages. Two of the most popular flat roofing systems include:
- Single-ply membranes, which include TPO, EPDM and PVC. They are reasonably priced, durable, and easy to install. Not only that–their roof leak repair and maintenance is often quick and simple, reducing the potential of roof downtimes. While these options work well in buildings where roof access is limited, such as offices and warehouses, single-ply roofing systems are still viable in most commercial structures.
- Built-up roofing, which is asphalt-based. This roofing type is thick and resilient, allowing it to withstand extreme changes in weather and temperature. In fact, when installed and maintained properly by a reliable roofing contractor like Genesis Roofing, your built-up roof can last up to 50 years.
- Check their energy efficiency. Most flat roofing systems today are designed with energy performance in mind. Some of them, for instance, come in white and other light colors to better reflect sunlight. This can help keep your building’s interior cooler and more comfortable during the summer, which in turn, means less cooling bills. Genesis Roofing can help you explore your options and decide on the commercial roof system that can meet your property’s energy requirements.
- Think about its maintenance. It varies with each material, but commercial roofing systems are usually tough, allowing them to resist different types of weather damage. That said, once you’ve chosen a flat roof, it’s never too early to start thinking about its maintenance. Genesis Roofing can help you with this. We’re not just your go-to company for residential roof replacement–you can also count on us for annual commercial roof maintenance programs that ensure you can get the most of your roof’s service life and performance.
Genesis Roofing can make your commercial roof replacement a smoother and safer experience. We serve Clive, IA and the rest of Central Iowa. Call us today at (515) 202-1667 or fill out this contact form to schedule your roof evaluation.