Whether you need to have your roof replaced or a roof leak repair project done, it’s always best to leave such a task in the hands of professionals. That way, you can minimize any possible mistakes and get the job done in a timely manner. However, you shouldn’t hire the first roofer you see on the Internet. When hiring a roofer, it’s best that you properly vet them to determine if they’re the right person for the job and you can do this by asking them a few important questions.
Here are the five questions homeowners should always ask when hiring a roofer.
1. Can I See Some Customer Feedback? – Before you sign a contract, be sure to ask your roofer if they have a business page you can check for customer feedback. That way, you can use the experience of their previous customers to determine how good they are at their job and how reliable they are. If they refuse, part ways with their company as this is a possible indicator that they aren’t as good a roofer as they claim to be.
2. Are You Licensed and Insured? – When you ask your potential roofer this question, the answer should always be “yes”. This is because a license proves that your roofer knows the roofing requirements of your state and it’s guaranteed that they’ll follow these requirements when doing work on your roof. An insurance, on the other hand, frees you of any responsibility should your roofer be injured while working on your property.
3. How Long Will the Project Take? – Whether it’s a repair or replacement project, it’s a home improvement task that can disrupt your daily routine. Therefore, make sure to ask your residential roof replacement professional this question before the project starts so you can adjust your schedule accordingly.
4. Will You Take Measures to Protect My Property? – A roofing job is a messy home improvement project and as such, you need to make sure that your property is adequately protected, especially the exterior. Before you hire a roofer, ask them if they’ll take any steps to protect your property. While a roofer who doesn’t offer this service isn’t necessarily a bad one, it’s still best that you search for one who does so your lawn and your home’s exterior is properly protected.
5. How Long Have You Been in Business? – This is another important question that you should ask your roofer before you sign the contract. That way, you can determine how experienced they are at their job and how reliable they really are.
Planning to replace your roof? Simply turn to the pros of Genesis Roofing. When it comes to storm damage restoration and commercial roofing projects, we are the leading service provider to approach and we won’t let you down! Give us a call at (515) 202-1667 or fill out our contact form to request a free estimate. We serve homeowners in Clive, IA, and other nearby areas in the state of Iowa.