Given how a commercial roofing system is a huge investment, you’ll want to take proactive measures that can help prolong its life and maintain its weather performance. This task is simple enough–you just have to consider some commercial roof management practices. Genesis Roofing, the expert in roof replacement services in the area, shares the best of them here.
- Document everything you can about your commercial roof. This way, you can determine which areas are vulnerable and need more careful attention. Plus, you get a clear idea on what you can do to prevent further problems. The record should include the following details:
- Roof size and age
- Type of roofing material
- Original installer
- Warranty coverage
- Repair and maintenance history
- Changes or upgrades to mechanical equipment on the rooftop
- Have your commercial roof checked regularly. It’s generally a good idea to have a licensed roofing contractor, like Genesis Roofing, perform a comprehensive inspection of your system at least once a year–or following a major weather event. This helps catch signs of roof damage, allowing you to promptly deal with any developing issue before it can worsen. Our trained and experienced crew has what it takes to do the job, so you won’t have to worry about us missing anything during our inspection. And when we do find indications of roof damage, you can count on us to deal with them, as well.
- Limit the access to your commercial roofing. Unless necessary, people should not be walking on top of your commercial roof. The system can only take so much heavy foot traffic before it starts sustaining damage. For this reason, you should only allow access to the roof when important mechanical equipment is being installed, or if the commercial roofing system needs repair or routine maintenance.
When in need of a reliable roofing company to handle your needs, look no further than Genesis Roofing. With our high-quality solutions, we’ll make sure your commercial roofing continues to deliver the superior and lasting weather performance you expect. We serve Clive, IA and the rest of Central Iowa. Call us today at (515) 202-1667 or fill out this contact form to schedule your roof evaluation.